Aftermarket Sales Representative
We are currently seeking an Aftermarket Sales Representative to join our award winning customer service team.
This is a key sales position within our organization. The Aftermarket Sales Representative sells planned maintenance programs, system installations, and aftermarket products, accessories, and services that optimize our customer's compressed air systems, resulting in peak efficiency, reliability, and productivity.
You will be responsible for managing existing customer accounts, and identifying and developing new customer relationships in the Vancouver Lower Mainland region, as well as other regions in BC.
This is a full-time position with much of the scheduling being driven by you. When you’re not meeting with customers, you’ll be working closely with our team at our main office, which means you’ll have plenty of flexibility. You can expect to spend 4-5 days per week travelling to meet with customers.
Effective time management, strong customer service skills, and a pro-active attitude towards prospecting and appointment setting are keys to success in this position. Ideal candidates for this role will have previous industrial sales experience, combined with a strong technical aptitude and/or educational background.
About Our Company:
Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is a thriving master distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air products, parts, and services covering all of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. We are recognized as the employer of choice in our industry and are proud to have been awarded the Consumer Choice Award as the Top Compressed Air Service Provider for the fourth year in a row.
Why Choose Wiseworth:
We realize that people are our most precious asset. We attract the best and brightest employees by sustaining a culture of respect, integrity, and genuine teamwork. Our work environment is positive, healthy, and comfortable making Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. one of the most sought after places of employment within our industry.
- Positive work-life balance.
- Employment stability.
- An enthusiastic, accountable, and team-oriented workplace culture.
- Engaged leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
- Competitive compensation package that is worthy of your experience.
- Comprehensive benefit program for you and your family including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, life insurance, and RSP plan.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Company-wide commitment to workplace safety.
- Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for compressed air systems.
You are a friendly, customer service-oriented, sales professional, who enjoys solving problems, and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Engaging with existing customers to promote all aftermarket products and services including planned maintenance programs, audits and leak detection, system installations.
- Identifying, researching, and contacting prospective customers to build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responding to in bound calls and managing leads.
- Determining the customer needs, actively educating them and providing effective solutions.
- Quoting aftermarket products and services and leading the sales cycle from beginning through to successfully acquiring customer approval.
- Daily travel to local customer sites as required to meet customer needs.
- Periodic travel to customer sites in remote regions as required to meet customer needs.
- Maintain rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Using our CRM system to manage daily activities, and the sales process from start to finish.
- Conduct safety assessments, and adhere to safety procedures and standards with continuously changing working environments.
- Achieve assigned sales targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma. Post secondary and/or related customer service/sales experience preferred.
- Previous air compressor or industrial sales experience is an asset, however we will train suitable candidates who possess proven sales skills, technical aptitude, and dedicated work ethic.
- Training is comprised of job shadowing, hands-on field work, online training, and formal classroom training. Travel to Ingersoll Rand’s corporate training facility in Davidson, North Carolina, USA is periodically required.
- Professional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Attentive and active listening skills.
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience preparing technical sales quotations/proposals.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a cohesive team.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while providing consistent high-quality work.
- Accountability and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, frequently changing and high-volume environment.
- Comprehension of all operations and parts manuals.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiently with laptops and hand-held computers and devices.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- Valid Canadian passport with the ability to travel across Canada and the US.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is moderately physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, sitting at a desk, working with computers, driving a vehicle, walking, climbing stairs, stooping, and kneeling.
- Employees may regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs, and rarely lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is an alcohol and drug free workplace.
- Competitive compensation provided based upon experience, skills, and education.
- Company service vehicle, gas/maintenance card, smartphone, laptop or tablet computer.
- Benefit package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, RSP contribution plan, and paid vacations.
- We are seeking candidates eligible for employment in the BC Lower Mainland region. Position is not eligible for relocation.