Field Service Technician
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join our award winning customer service team.
This is a key position within our organization. Field Service Technicians serve our customers by installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components.
Interested candidates must possess a positive team-focused attitude, exceptional customer service skills, strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
About Our Company:
Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is a thriving master distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air products, parts, and services covering all of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. We are recognized as the employer of choice in our industry and we are proud to have been awarded the Consumer Choice Award as the Top Compressed Air Service Provider for the fourth year in a row.
Why Choose Wiseworth:
We realize that people are our most precious asset. We attract the best and brightest employees by sustaining a culture of respect, integrity, and genuine teamwork. Our work environment is positive, healthy, and comfortable making Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. one of the most sought after places of employment within our industry.
- Positive work-life balance.
- Employment stability.
- An enthusiastic, accountable, and team-oriented workplace culture.
- Engaged leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
- Competitive compensation package that is worthy of your experience.
- Comprehensive benefit program for you and your family including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, life insurance, and RSP plan.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Company-wide commitment to workplace safety.
- Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for compressed air systems.
You are a friendly, customer service-oriented person, who enjoys solving problems, and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations, inspections, diagnostic testing, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of compressed air systems to assure equipment is meeting operating standards.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Maintain rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Quoting required parts and services to customers and required follow up through to successfully acquiring customer approval.
- Working with internal service support team on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Conduct safety assessments, and adhere to safety procedures and standards with continuously changing working environments.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service as required to meet customer needs.
- Frequent travel to customer sites in remote regions as required to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical support for customers and for internal service team members.
- Comprehension of electrical wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Accurately document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Promote all company products, services and solutions; such as equipment, system accessories, planned maintenance, diagnostics, audits and leak detection. Ability to communicate value and increase customer’s awareness of how these items can benefit their operations.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude are key qualifications for this position.
- High school diploma. Post secondary and/or related technical training and experience preferred.
- Previous air compressor service/equipment repair experience is an asset, however we will train suitable candidates from basic apprenticeship level through to master technician level.
- Applicants with mechanical or millwright certification and/or experience in HVAC, electrical/electronics or gas compression will receive special consideration.
- Basic knowledge of some or all of the following: AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, PLCs, HVAC, electricity, controls, refrigeration systems and/or refrigerant certification. Candidates who possess related knowledge or skills but have not completed a formal program may be considered.
- Training is comprised of job shadowing, hands-on field work, online training, and formal classroom training. Travel to Ingersoll Rand’s corporate training facility in Davidson, North Carolina, USA is periodically required for completion of technical training courses.
- Use of precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment.
- Comprehension of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with laptops and hand-held computers and devices (iPhone, iPad).
- Candidates must have their own set of standard tools. All other specialty and diagnostic tools will be supplied by the company.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- Valid Canadian passport.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling.
- Employees may regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, and frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is an alcohol and drug free workplace.
- Position includes company service vehicle, iPhone, iPad or tablet computer, and an excellent compensation and benefits package.
- Competitive compensation is available and will be negotiated based upon education and experience.
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, life insurance, RSP contribution plan, and vacation.
- Our office is located in Surrey, BC. We are seeking candidates eligible for employment in the BC Lower Mainland region. Position is not eligible for relocation.